Tertius: The Rise of Magic
I plan to make character creation a group event, as I want the party to be able to plan tactically together, as well as tie backstories together. This won’t work once the campaign starts, but there should be enough versatility within the party roles that a particular PC is filling to allow for more than just clones of their dead character. The idea I’m currently running with is that there will be a public version of everyone’s backstory up on the OP to allow for new characters to tie in to on the fly.
- 32 point pointbuy
- No race restrictions other than being able to afford any LA or Racial HD that come with it. Anything other than Human or Halfling is “odd,” purely for RP purposes. Half Breeds are universally looked down upon and treated as 2nd class. Monster Races are treated as monsters and may be met with hostility.
- Allowed Classes
- Starting lvl 1 or Highest Lvl PC’s ECL-1, whichever is higher.
- If your ECL is lower than the highest PC’s ECL in the party, you gain a +20% XP bonus to all XP earned.
- Max hp 1st & 2nd lvl, 2/3rds after, or rolled, must keep roll.
- Additional pointbuy points to be awarded for not forgetting to be awesome.
- Submit a backstory – 1 pt
- Write an OP article – 1 pt
- Party Looter – 1 pt – Kathy
- Party Chronicler – 1 pt – Mark
- Recruit a player – 1 pt for the recruit, and 1 pt for every 2 pts they earn.